Human Resources Generalist ADV
Established in 1994, Blue Falls Manufacturing is the builder of the Arctic Spas Hot Tub. Our tub and spa products are engineered for the world’s harshest climates and our mission is to build useful works of art that improve the quality of life for our customers. Our spa products are sold across Canada, and the US, and around the world. We are a forward-looking organization built on an entrepreneurial spirit and pragmatic innovation.
Our Thorsby Head Office is located 70 km from the intersection of Highway 2 and Anthony Henday Drive in Edmonton, 29 km from Leduc, 66 km from Wetaskiwin, and 68 km from Drayton Valley. There are factories in Thorsby, Breton (Alberta, Canada) and Spokane (Washington, USA) of the 374 employee’s worldview 280 of them are in Alberta.
BFM is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self-identify, as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the Federal Employment Equity Act.
Our Thorsby Head Office is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to support our diverse operations. This is a Full-Time Position.
In this hands-on role, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing support and assistance to management and staff regarding the application of HR programs, and policies, and processes, and providing a lead role in recruiting activities.
- Assist supervisors/managers with recruiting and staffing from advertising through to on boarding.
- Act as HR’s point of contact for supervisors and managers for BFM base location.
- Consult with supervisors/managers on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources programs, policies, and processes.
- Consult with supervisors/managers on employee relations including coaching, development and performance management.
- Act as HR’s first point of contact for employees regarding concerns or questions, review and assist supervisors and managers to resolve matters as required.
- Participate in the development and administration of HR programs related to employee pay practices, labour standards compliance, and competency/performance measures.
- Actively participate in administration of programs including the performance review process, employment equity program, and staff training and development.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Human Resource policies, programs, and procedures that result in alignment with corporate values, compliance with relevant provincial and federal legislation / regulations, and achievement of business objectives.
- Provide HR administrative support, including preparation of contracts, reports, spreadsheets, letters, and presentations, data entry, filing and completion of office tasks.
- Assist in maintaining employee personal files, employee databases and the company organizational charts.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives,
- Perform any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A College Certificate or a University Degree in Human Resources (or current enrollment in program) is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity.
- Ability and willingness to perform ‘hands-on’ generalist and administrative duties.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to function effectively in teams.
- Flexibility and proven experience in balancing competing priorities and juggling a variety of responsibilities.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a confidential capacity with a high level of professionalism.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and ADP Workforce Now program.
- Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the BFM Team.
Blue Falls Manufacturing offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
This is a Full-Time Position. We thank all those in advance for expressing interest in the posting, but only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please submit resume in person or via email to:
Human Resources Manager at Blue Falls Manufacturing.
4549-52 Street Thorsby Alberta T0C 2P0 or